Important patient information
Important to Know Now
How can I protect myself and others?
- Follow the current instructions of the responsible state and federal authorities to reduce contact, spend as little time as possible in closed rooms with people from other households and continue to keep your contacts to a minimum.
- Keep a social distance of at least 1.5 to 2 meters.
- Avoid shaking hands.
- Do not touch your face.
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap or hand sanitizer several times a day.
- Use paper tissues and dispose of them immediately after a single use.
- Observe coughing etiquette: Cough/sneeze into your elbow.
- Use a nose and mouth cover (community mask) or a surgical mask in certain situations in public (closed rooms, public transportation, shops, schools, workplace).
- Use sanitizer after contact with objects that are frequently touched by other people (door handles, handrails, handholds etc.).
- Ensure regular ventilation of closed rooms (“shock ventilation” for a complete exchange of air).
- Use the Corona-Warn-App of the German government.
On the following websites you can find continuously updated information on coronavirus and the recommendations:
Here is the information from the Federal Ministry of Health in several languages.
Here you can find important information from the Federal Centre for Health Education (BZgA).
Click on the link to find information from the Robert Koch Institute (RKI).
Read the statement of the German Society of Paediatric Cardiology (DGPK) and the press release of Deutsche Herzstiftung by clicking on the link.
In regards to important questions on social law, you can find answers from the Bundesverband Herzkranke Kinder e. V. (Federal association of heart-children ; BVHK).